Re: [HACKERS] backend crashing on NetBSD 1.3.2/i386

От Brook Milligan
Тема Re: [HACKERS] backend crashing on NetBSD 1.3.2/i386
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
semget deals with shared memory, not file systems...under FreeBSD,

There error message said "No space on device" because semget returned
ENOSPC, hence my initial confusion about what was going on.
   To see what is being used.  ipcrm to remove 'stale'  handles...sounds like your system isn't releasing when you kill
of postgres daemon...

That was it!  Thanks, Marc.  I have no idea where the extra semaphores
came from (they weren't owned by pgsql), but everything works again
after they were deleted (that is BETA5 passes regression on NetBSD
1.3.2/i386).  Does a kill signal to the postmaster prevent the cleanup
of these?  Should postmasters be killed with HUP?

Sorry for the diversion.  Now back to your regularly scheduled
release. :)

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
Brook