Re: [HACKERS] A small problem with the new inet and cidr types

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] A small problem with the new inet and cidr types
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] A small problem with the new inet and cidr types
Список pgsql-hackers
> It seems that we have a small problem with the operators and functions
> in the inet and cidr types.  If the value in a field is null then the
> backend crashes when you try to apply one of the operators or functions
> on it.  I have a small patch ready to fix the functions but I'm not
> sure what the behaviour should be for the operators.  For the functions
> I return an empty string if the argument is null except for masklen()
> which returns 0.  Should masklen return 32?
>
> At Marc's request I am holding my patch until 6.4 is frozen.

Huh.  You have a backend crash fix, and we can't apply it until after
6.4 is out the door?

Pennsylvania19026

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] backend crashing on NetBSD 1.3.2/i386
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] backend crashing on NetBSD 1.3.2/i386