Re: Running Postgres Daemons with same data files

От Matt Clark
Тема Re: Running Postgres Daemons with same data files
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Well I wasn't joking.

If you want to get the files on disk into a state where they can be modified by a different postmaster, then you need
toshut the
current postmaster down.  In theory, maybe, if you only want the second postmaster to have read access, then you could
disconnect
all users from the current postmaster and stop accepting any more connections, but I wouldn't do it if I were you.

Maybe I'm missing the point.  The only other answer is:

commit;

Because for postgres commit *means* commit the transaction to disk.  Of course if you're using a NAS then who knows
whetherthe
files have _really_ been written to disk after an fsync.  Postgres just has to believe what the operating system tells
it...

Matt

> Don't joke, this for stopping the Postgres Server. I want close the
> files in between the database operations. I am looking for some SQL
> command like in Mysql command is 'flush tables'. what's in postgres?
>
> regards
> bhartendu
>
> On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 16:56, Matt Clark wrote:
> > > I got all your points, thanks for such a great discussion, Now the last
> > > thing I want is how can I close the data files and flush the cache into
> > > the data files. How can I do this in postgresql????
> >
> > pg_ctl stop

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Сообщение: Re: Running Postgres Daemons with same data files
Сообщение: Re: Running Postgres Daemons with same data files