How to check if VACUUM operations are working?

От Miguel Arroz
Тема How to check if VACUUM operations are working?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi!

   I have PgSQL 8.0.* installed on a Mac OS X Server machine.

   I setup a LaunchDeamon to run a vacuum command every night. The
problem is that LaunchDeamon still lacks some features, one of them
is logging... so, I'm not entirely sure if the vacuum operations
actually runs.

   Is there any way to "ask" the database about it's status, related
to vacuum, like when was it vacuumed last time, or some other info
that may assure the script is running fine.

   Yours

Miguel Arroz

       "GUERRA E' PAZ
        LIBERDADE E' ESCRAVIDAO