Re: How to check if VACUUM operations are working?

От Niklas Johansson
Тема Re: How to check if VACUUM operations are working?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 6 sep 2006, at 01.07, Miguel Arroz wrote:
> I have PgSQL 8.0.* installed on a Mac OS X Server machine.
>
> I setup a LaunchDeamon to run a vacuum command every night. The
> problem is that LaunchDeamon still lacks some features, one of them
> is logging... so, I'm not entirely sure if the vacuum operations
> actually runs.

You can add the key 'StandardOutPath' to your launchd.plist file:

<key>StandardOutPath</key>
<string>/path/to/logfile</string>

You can also supply 'StandardErrorPath'.

This of course only works for commands that writes information to
stdout (or stderr). If not, or if the output is not directly suitable
for logging, it might be necessary to wrap the command in a script in
order to generate additional logging information, e.g. timestamp.

Sincerely,

Niklas Johansson