RE: v7.1b4 bad performance

От Schmidt, Peter
Тема RE: v7.1b4 bad performance
Дата
Re: v7.1b4 bad performance
Список pgsql-admin

I tried -B 1024 and got roughly the same results (~50 tps). However, when I change WAL option commit_delay from the default of 5 to 0, I get ~200 tps (which is double what I get with 7.03). I'm not sure I want to do this, do I?

Peter

The <varname>COMMIT_DELAY</varname> parameter defines for how long
   the backend will be forced to sleep after writing a commit record
   to the log with <function>LogInsert</function> call but before
   performing a <function>LogFlush</function>. This delay allows other
   backends to add their commit records to the log so as to have all
   of them flushed with a single log sync. Unfortunately, this
   mechanism is not fully implemented at release 7.1, so there is at
   present no point in changing this parameter from its default value
   of 5 microseconds.