Re: New to PostgreSQL

От Tomeh, Husam
Тема Re: New to PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
The docs is definitely a great and easy to read resource. If you're looking for a class, you can check out the OTG group:
An online Postgres book (practical postgresql) can also be found at http://www.faqs.org/docs/ppbook/book1.htm
For other useful related URLs, check out, http://firstdba.googlepages.com/rdbmsportal-postgresqlpage

--
  Husam

From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Shoaib Mir
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 11:45 PM
To: Mark Steben
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] New to PostgreSQL

Another very good resource is the PostgreSQL documentation itself --> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/index.html

Thanks,
-------
Shoaib Mir
EnterpriseDB (www.enterprisedb.com)

On 11/2/06, Mark Steben < msteben@autorevenue.com> wrote:

Good afternoon,

I am a database administrator who has worked with mainframe DB2 databases for 16 years.  I am brand new to PostgreSQL.  I just started a new job where

I am the only DBA in the company and am expected to ramp up as soon as possible.  Are there any courses available to me - either self-taught or

Classroom - that could provide me with a broad-brush introduction?  Right now my main resource is the PostgreSQL - The Comprehensive Guide,

By Korry and Susan Douglas - a very good reference that I am using as I tackle specific tasks.  I think a good overview would help me as I basically

Self-educate.

Thank you and I look forward to working with you through your mailing list.

Mark Steben

AutoRevenue

Lee, Massachusetts

MSteben@autorevenue.com

This message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is legally privileged.  If you are not the addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message by mistake, please immediately notify us by replying to the message and delete the original message immediately thereafter.

Thank you.

                                                                                                                         FADLD Tag