Re: PostgreSQL 9.3: monitor read vs write activity

От Sergey Arlashin
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 9.3: monitor read vs write activity
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL 9.3: monitor read vs write activity  ("Viktor" <spoon@planet.ee>)
Список pgsql-admin
Thank you for your response and sorry for answering so late. Didn't have a chance to check it.

But I cannot figure out how I can measure read vs write activity of my postgresql database with the help of "check_postgres"? I haven't seen anything related to it in "check_postgres --help" output. Moreover it seems I can get all the data that check_postgres provides simply by querying postgresql system tables like  pg_stat_database, pg_stat_user_tables, pg_stat_activity and so on.

Let me explain.
When I used MySQL I was able to measure read vs write activity by counting the number of selects vs inserts/updates/deletes etc. But I cannot find anything similar in PostgreSQL.

On Feb 14, 2014, at 12:23 PM, Raghavendra <raghavendra.rao@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 1:46 PM, jaime soler <jaime.soler@gmail.com> wrote:
El vie, 14-02-2014 a las 11:09 +0400, Sergey Arlashin escribió:
> Hi!
> I'd like to setup my monitoring system to monitor read vs. write activity of my postgresql database. What is the best way do do this?

There are many monitoring system that provide this metricts like nagios,
munin, zabixx,... most of them rely on
http://bucardo.org/wiki/Check_postgres
Check the wiki http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Monitoring

+1

You can also do post monitoring by enable the logging and later running an analyser like pgbadger.

Sample Report:
Download Link:
---
Regards,