Re: Increasing maximum connection for postgresql 9.2

От Venkata Balaji Nagothi
Тема Re: Increasing maximum connection for postgresql 9.2
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 12:37 AM, Amardeep Kaur <amardeepkaur88@gmail.com> wrote:
The error is
 could not receive data from client: Connection reset by peer
followed by
incomplete startup packet

True. As mentioned up the thread, this does not mean that the database is in the recovery mode. If the database is in recovery mode, you would see a straight forward message in the logs saying that the "database is in recovery mode".

Please help us know how the connections or requests are sent to database from Application. Is there anything you could see in Application/client site logs ?

Things to be identified : If there are any unexpected connection drops/hangs ? do you see any unexpected load spike on DB server ? Network level issues etc.

Venkata Balaji N

Sr. Database Administrator
Fujitsu Australia

-Amardeep

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 10:20 AM, Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at> wrote:
Amardeep Kaur wrote:
> I am trying to increase the max_connection from 100 to 5000. I modified shared_buffer and changed
> kernel parameters according to
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/kernel-resources.html#SYSVIPC.

As has been mentioned, that is too much.
There is also an interesting article on the Wiki:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Number_Of_Database_Connections

> When i stress test it with 500 concurrent request, then after 150 - 160 concurrent connections my
> database enters into recovery mode and it fails the request. For my stress test i am trying to get
> data from one table.
>
> Do you guys have any idea what is causing the problem or if i am missing some other configuration?

The database does not go into recovery mode just like that.
Look into the database log and see if you can find the appropriate messages, then
we can figure out what caused the problem.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

--
Amardeep Kaur
8130553685

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 9.3: monitor read vs write activity
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 9.3: monitor read vs write activity