Re: New site - final(?) list of problems

От Dave Page
Тема Re: New site - final(?) list of problems
Дата
Список pgsql-www

:-)

> > - PostgreSQL 8.0 is not out yet but is featured on the front page
>
> I thought the point of the new site was to go live with the
> release of
> 8.0. No reason to put it up before that, is there?

Testing. We don't want to find a major problem the day we release and
get slashdotted.

> > - No privacy policy, yet links to one
>
> Well, I was waiting for it to magically write itself. :)

<grin> - I'll review the techdoc one per Justin's suggestion - anyone
object to using that assuming it's roughly suitable?

> > - View this page in... links for unused languages
>
> Gone with new commit. Actually, the whole language thing needs to be
> rethought. A language should only be added to the list if the vast
> majority of the site has been translated. We should follow
> what Mozilla
> Europe does for their site. http://www.mozilla-europe.org . A much
> better system, really.

Yes - we use about 90% in pgAdmin before we list a language as official.
Still, before we can use any languages we need a way to update the pot
file...

> The previous method doesn't make any sense. Say you wanted to link to
> the news section from another page (like we do in about)--not
> only the
> front page. With the previous method, there would be no way
> to see the
> 'active' news  on that secondary page. It makes no sense for
> things to
> disappear from the secondary page. The purpose of the front
> page is to
> show (at maximum) 3 latest news and event items [any news
> item that is
> accepted, and any event that is accepted and has a start date
> > today,
> limit 3.)
>
> The upcoming events stuff will work properly when the events
> have dates
> assigned. I've gone through all the events and added dates
> and locations
> to every single one, but I'll need to modify update.sql.

If you're limiting stuff on the front page then I think you need 2
secondary pages - one for the active-only stuff, and one archive page
listing everything (possible not the currently active stuff). Or is that
what you are saying (my brain is mush right now - I'm in the middle of a
software licence audit).

> > Let's make the final push and get this out the door!! :-)
>
> Getting excited there, Dave? :)

Just trying to chivvy up some enthusiasm from everyone. It would be nice
to get this job done and move on...

Regards, Dave

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: New site - final(?) list of problems
Сообщение: Re: New site - final(?) list of problems