Re: New site - final(?) list of problems

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: New site - final(?) list of problems
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 06:06, Dave Page wrote:
> [...]

The issue comes from the fact that, in the old method, all of the
active/latest news was always displayed on the front page, and the
secondary page was all archive info.  This makes the new design somewhat
limiting since we only get 3 entries... for example, one thing we can
accomplish with the current setup is that we can keep a note about the
most recent version of postgresql around, even months after a release,
right on the main page for folks who need that information.  With only 3
entries we're not going to be able to do that.  Another thing we can do
now is that we can let content sit for a while even when more content
comes out... for example we can leave up news about pgadmin releases for
a good month no matter how many stories come and go... in the new scheme
we are going to lose that ability. Thinking about that I think Dave's
scheme makes some sense... front page is last 3 entries by date --> more
link takes you to the list of active news items, with summaries -->
which has a link to "all news" which shows the archive page. This isn't
quite as good as what we have now, but I think it is workable.

Robert Treat

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: