Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages
Дата
Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages  (Scott Mead <scottm@openscg.com>)
Список pgsql-www

> On 29 Jun 2016, at 17:44, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>
>> On 06/29/2016 07:17 AM, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
>> Hi Marc,
>>
>>> On Jun 29, 2016, at 9:29 AM, Marc Linster @ EDB
>>> <marc.linster@enterprisedb.com <mailto:marc.linster@enterprisedb.com>>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> This is a patch to update the descriptions for the EDB one-click
>>> installers for OSX, Windows and Linux.
>>> <edboneclickpatch.diff>
>>
>> I reviewed the page and it looks okay from a technical perspective.  I
>> will wait a day to see if anyone has a comment on the language, and if
>> not, will apply it.
>
> -1.
>
> I read through this and this is essentially a marketing update. That in itself isn't a bad thing but it will create
inconsistenciesin the site. For example on:

> https://www.postgresql.org/download/macosx/
>
> It will now say:
>
> "Interactive installer by EnterpriseDB"
>
> Instead of the site/vendor consistent "Graphical Installer"

Right and with good reason - it's more accurate. The installers can run in either graphical or text modes interactively
(andsilent mode in fact).

Consistency is good - except when it is inaccurate. That is not good for the community.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages
От: "Rader, David"
Сообщение: Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages