Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 06/29/2016 09:51 AM, Dave Page wrote:

>> I read through this and this is essentially a marketing update. That in itself isn't a bad thing but it will create
inconsistenciesin the site. For example on:

>> https://www.postgresql.org/download/macosx/
>>
>> It will now say:
>>
>> "Interactive installer by EnterpriseDB"
>>
>> Instead of the site/vendor consistent "Graphical Installer"
>
> Right and with good reason - it's more accurate. The installers can run in either graphical or text modes
interactively(and silent mode in fact).

> Consistency is good - except when it is inaccurate. That is not good for the community.

Agreed so let's do this:

Instead I suggest a patch that does something like this (consistently):

MacOS X:

Third Party distributions:
    * EnterpriseDB
      "Insert short, not more than 150 words (?) description"
    * BigSQL
      "Insert short, not more than 150 words (?) description"

Other distributions:
    * postgres.app

Other packagers (I don't like this name but it is the first thing that
popped in my head):
    * Homebrew
    * Fink

--
Command Prompt, Inc.                  http://the.postgres.company/                        +1-503-667-4564

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages
Сообщение: Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages