Re: Change pg_cancel_*() to ignore current backend

От Eric Ridge
Тема Re: Change pg_cancel_*() to ignore current backend
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On May 19, 2015, at 6:59 PM, Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@bluetreble.com> wrote:
>
> I find it annoying to have to specifically exclude pg_backend_pid() from pg_stat_activity if I'm trying to kill a
bunchof backends at once, and I can't think of any reason why you'd ever want to call a pg_cancel_* function with your
ownPID.

I'm just a lurker, but regularly get bitten by this exact thing.

Rather than change the behavior of pg_cancel/terminate_backend(), why not change pg_stat_activity to exclude the
currentsession?  Seems like showing a row in pg_stat_activity for "SELECT * FROM pg_stat_activity" is kinda useless
anyways.

eric

PROPRIETARY AND COMPANY CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATIONS
The information contained in this communication is intended only for
the use of the addressee. Any other use is strictly prohibited.
Please notify the sender if you have received this message in error.
This communication is protected by applicable legal privileges and is
company confidential.

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: jsonb concatenate operator's semantics seem questionable
От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: Change pg_cancel_*() to ignore current backend