Re: Change pg_cancel_*() to ignore current backend

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Change pg_cancel_*() to ignore current backend
Дата
Re: Change pg_cancel_*() to ignore current backend  (Eric Ridge <eebbrr@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5/22/15 3:08 PM, Eric Ridge wrote:
>> I find it annoying to have to specifically exclude pg_backend_pid() from pg_stat_activity if I'm trying to kill a
bunchof backends at once, and I can't think of any reason why you'd ever want to call a pg_cancel_* function with your
ownPID.

> I'm just a lurker, but regularly get bitten by this exact thing.
>
> Rather than change the behavior of pg_cancel/terminate_backend(), why not change pg_stat_activity to exclude the
currentsession?  Seems like showing a row in pg_stat_activity for "SELECT * FROM pg_stat_activity" is kinda useless
anyways.

Interesting idea. I suspect that would be even more invasive than
modifying the functions though...

От: Eric Ridge
Сообщение: Re: Change pg_cancel_*() to ignore current backend
От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: jsonb concatenate operator's semantics seem questionable