Re: Streaming Replication (Master Delta Sync)

От Lonni J Friedman
Тема Re: Streaming Replication (Master Delta Sync)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 1:34 PM, Parkirat Bagga <parkiratbagga@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> We are using streaming replication for c++ Postgres-9.1 server.
>
> We have setup 1 master and 1 slave and streaming replication is working
> fine.
>
> On checking the x-log status for both master and slave, we observed that the
> master is quite ahead of the slave all the time. Now we have 2 questions
>
> Que 1) When Master goes down these is some delta which is not applied to the
> standby server (which is now, my new master) and the trigger has happened.
> How should I sync that delta part to the new Master (older standby server)?

rsync of the WAL files?

> Que 2) How can I further reduce the gap between the Master and Standby? I
> tried increasing the max_wal_sender=5 number but I can see only 1 process
> running for sender.

As far as I'm aware, a server can only connect to and use 1
max_wal_sender at any time, so increasing the number isn't going to
speed anything up, only make it possible to add additional servers.

You need to determine why there is lag, as normally there should not
be any at all.
Are both master & standby identical HW?
Is the standby running anything other than postgresql ?

Сообщение: Re: Streaming Replication (Master Delta Sync)
Сообщение: Re: Streaming Replication (Master Delta Sync)