Streaming Replication (Master Delta Sync)

От Parkirat Bagga
Тема Streaming Replication (Master Delta Sync)
Дата
Re: Streaming Replication (Master Delta Sync)  (Lonni J Friedman <netllama@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hi

We are using streaming replication for c++ Postgres-9.1 server.

We have setup 1 master and 1 slave and streaming replication is working
fine.

On checking the x-log status for both master and slave, we observed that the
master is quite ahead of the slave all the time. Now we have 2 questions

Que 1) When Master goes down these is some delta which is not applied to the
standby server (which is now, my new master) and the trigger has happened.
How should I sync that delta part to the new Master (older standby server)?

Que 2) How can I further reduce the gap between the Master and Standby? I
tried increasing the max_wal_sender=5 number but I can see only 1 process
running for sender.

Regards,
Parkirat Singh Bagga.