Re: Way to quickly detect if database tables/columns/etc. were modified?

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: Way to quickly detect if database tables/columns/etc. were modified?
Дата
Re: Way to quickly detect if database tables/columns/etc. were modified?  (Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com>)
Список pgsql-general

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 9:48 AM, Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net> wrote:
On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 09:14:07AM -0400, Melvin Davidson wrote:

>> Maybe create an event trigger that updates a simple table with the last
>> modification time or sends a notification?
> That would certainly work, but
> the problem is, that trigger would have to be created for every table in
> the database. When you have more than a couple dozen tables, as in
> hundreds, it becsmes a huge undertaking.*--

Well, it could be generated.

Karsten
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346

>Well, it could be generated.
True, but it still is more code to maintain, whereas I maintain the addition addition of one column in pg_class and pg_attribute with a default of now()
would make more sense. That being said, there were so many naysayers grasping at corner cases the last time I brought this up I have given up
pursuing it.

--
Melvin Davidson

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: How to optimize SELECT query with multiple CASE statements?
От: Kim Rose Carlsen
Сообщение: Re: How to hint 2 coulms IS NOT DISTINCT FROM each other