Re: How to optimize SELECT query with multiple CASE statements?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: How to optimize SELECT query with multiple CASE statements?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/31/2016 05:53 AM, Alexander Farber wrote:
> Good afternoon,
>
> is it please posible to optimize the following SQL query with numerous
> CASE statements (on same condition!) without switching to PL/pgSQL?

Offered with the following caveats, one I do not fully understand what
is going on below and two it may not optimize anything but might help
with the first caveat:

If you used plpgsql you could use IF conditions to organize the
assignment of values for player1 and player2 and eliminate some of the
duplication of effort shown in the CASE statements.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com