Re: Way to quickly detect if database tables/columns/etc. were modified?

От Steve Crawford
Тема Re: Way to quickly detect if database tables/columns/etc. were modified?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Not sure if it would work for your use-case but what about just monitoring the PostgreSQL log for DDL statements? You may have to filter out temp tables (as you might in the system catalogs as well) but you could probably also watch for specific tablename patterns in case you only need to invalidate cache under specific circumstances.

Cheers,
Steve

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 7:17 AM, Melvin Davidson <melvin6925@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 9:48 AM, Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net> wrote:
On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 09:14:07AM -0400, Melvin Davidson wrote:

>> Maybe create an event trigger that updates a simple table with the last
>> modification time or sends a notification?
> That would certainly work, but
> the problem is, that trigger would have to be created for every table in
> the database. When you have more than a couple dozen tables, as in
> hundreds, it becsmes a huge undertaking.*--

Well, it could be generated.

Karsten
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346

>Well, it could be generated.
True, but it still is more code to maintain, whereas I maintain the addition addition of one column in pg_class and pg_attribute with a default of now()
would make more sense. That being said, there were so many naysayers grasping at corner cases the last time I brought this up I have given up
pursuing it.

--
Melvin Davidson

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Way to quickly detect if database tables/columns/etc. were modified?
От: Alban Hertroys
Сообщение: Re: Rows are repeating by the trigger function