attempted repost: discussion around a change from 9.4.1-1 ?

От ..: Mark Sloan :..
Тема attempted repost: discussion around a change from 9.4.1-1 ?
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-yum
i'm trying to understand more about this change since it, seems to have unpleasant results during a yum update when there are multiple server versions installed on a machine at the same time.

* Tue Feb 03 2015 Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> - 9.4.1-1PGDG
- Update to 9.4.1, per changes described at:
  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/release-9-4-1.html
- Improve .bash_profile, and let users specify their own
  environmental settings by sourcing an external file, called
  ~/.pgsql_profile. Per request from various users, and final
  suggestion from Martin Gudmundsson.

that it wiped out the ~postgres/.bash_profile that existed too, which caught some of my peers by surprise.

I realize this was 'a long time ago' and they should have raised the concern sooner but I'm just trying to educate myself on the discussion around this first.

basically, i'm trying to understand what people should be doing differently, and what the perceived upside to the community is.

-Mark