Re: attempted repost: discussion around a change from 9.4.1-1 ?

От Devrim Gündüz
Тема Re: attempted repost: discussion around a change from 9.4.1-1 ?
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi Mark,

This change actually tried to help users who have multiple versions installed.
Instead of using .bash_profile and wiping it everytime, we asked users to have
.pgsql_profile (something we invented) and push all customization there.

However, there is a packaging bug in 9.5 that used to overwrite .bash_profile:

https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/1215

We fixed it in 9.6, and 9.5.4-2. This bug does not exist in latest 9.4, too. So
after you upgrade to latest minor versions, and put all your customization into
.pgsql_profile, you should be good to go.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have questions/comments.

Regards, Devrim

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Вложения