Re: Logical replication breaks: "unexpected duplicate for tablespace 0, relfilenode 2774069304"

От Kouber Saparev
Тема Re: Logical replication breaks: "unexpected duplicate for tablespace 0, relfilenode 2774069304"
Дата
Список pgsql-general

На нд, 24.12.2023 г. в 3:37 Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> написа:
> What quick solution would fix the replication? Repack of the table? Reload
> of the database? Killing some backends?

There may be something you could do as a short-term solution, but it
does not solve the actual root of the problem, because the error you
are seeing is not something users should be able to face.

We need to have an action plan once this happens again (which might be in the middle of the night etc.) - i.e. how to rebuild and resync our logically replicated tables, because trying to just enable the subscription does not work - the same error reappears, so we have to drop all the slots, recreate them and deal with the syncing staff. If a repack (or something else) on the publisher side could allow us to re-enable the subscription easily, without dropping the slots, then for the moment it will save us from this prolonged desync/downtime situation.

The first problem that we have here is that we've lost track of the
patch proposed, so I have added a CF entry for now:
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/46/4720/

Thank you. Is there a bug report or should we file one? It looks like something that compromises the reliability of the logical replication as a whole.

--
Kouber