Re: Is there a way (except from server logs) to know the kind of on-going/last checkpoint?

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: Is there a way (except from server logs) to know the kind of on-going/last checkpoint?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 9:10 AM Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 11:10:45AM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> >
> > This means pg_controldata need to translate the flags into human-readable
> > text but, to be clear, I still don't think its usefull in the control
> > data.
>
> I've been saying that since my first email, I also don't see any scenario where
> having this specific information can be of any help.
>
> Given Andres feedback, unless someone can provide some realistic use case I
> think we should mark this patch as rejected and focus on a
> pg_progress_checkpoint feature.  I will do so in a couple of days when I will
> close this commitfest.

The size of ControlFileData is 296 bytes currently and the sector
limit is of 512 bytes (PG_CONTROL_MAX_SAFE_SIZE), if we feel that this
extra 2 bytes of checkpoint flags isn't worth storing in the control
file, I'm pretty much okay with it.

Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.