Re: Make relfile tombstone files conditional on WAL level

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: Make relfile tombstone files conditional on WAL level
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 28, 2022 at 8:10 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 10:37 AM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> TODO:
>
> There are a couple of TODOs and FIXMEs which I am planning to improve
> by next week.  I am also planning to do the testing where relfilenode
> consumes more than 32 bits, maybe for that we can set the
> FirstNormalRelfileNode to higher value for the testing purpose.  And,
> Improve comments.

I have fixed most of TODO and FIXMEs but there are still a few which I
could not decide, the main one currently we do not have uint8 data
type only int8 is there so I have used int8 for storing relfilenode +
forknumber.  Although this is sufficient because I don't think we will
ever get more than 128 fork numbers.  But my question is should we
think for adding uint8 as new data type or infect make RelNode itself
as new data type like we have Oid.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar