Re: Is there a way (except from server logs) to know the kind of on-going/last checkpoint?

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: Is there a way (except from server logs) to know the kind of on-going/last checkpoint?
Дата
Ответ на Re: Is there a way (except from server logs) to know the kind of on-going/last checkpoint?  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 10:58:31AM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:

> The size of ControlFileData is 296 bytes currently and the sector
> limit is of 512 bytes (PG_CONTROL_MAX_SAFE_SIZE), if we feel that this
> extra 2 bytes of checkpoint flags isn't worth storing in the control
> file, I'm pretty much okay with it.

For now we have some room, but we will likely keep consuming bytes in that file
for more critical features and it's almost certain that at one point we will
regret wasting 2 bytes for that.