Re: migrations (was Re: To all who wish to unsubscribe)

От Vick Khera
Тема Re: migrations (was Re: To all who wish to unsubscribe)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 9:07 AM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
Greetings everyone,

* Mike Sofen (msofen@runbox.com) wrote:
> Confirmed, I did not get a reset email either.  Also, I had subscribed to the digest version and now I get individual emails - which is why I needed to login, but my password no longer worked.  Sigh.  Mike

I've replied to Mike directly off-list, but wanted to let others know
who might be concerned about the reset link- it *does* work, but only if
you have an account already in the system.

It's possible to be subscribed to the PostgreSQL mailing lists without
having a community account.  If you find that you don't get an email
after going through the 'reset password' link, try creating a new
account instead.

This sounds to me like you're going to run afoul of CAN-SPAM unsubscribe rules. You should re-think this workflow.