Re: migrations (was Re: To all who wish to unsubscribe)

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: migrations (was Re: To all who wish to unsubscribe)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Vick,

* Vick Khera (vivek@khera.org) wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 9:07 AM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> > * Mike Sofen (msofen@runbox.com) wrote:
> > > Confirmed, I did not get a reset email either.  Also, I had subscribed
> > to the digest version and now I get individual emails - which is why I
> > needed to login, but my password no longer worked.  Sigh.  Mike
> >
> > I've replied to Mike directly off-list, but wanted to let others know
> > who might be concerned about the reset link- it *does* work, but only if
> > you have an account already in the system.
> >
> > It's possible to be subscribed to the PostgreSQL mailing lists without
> > having a community account.  If you find that you don't get an email
> > after going through the 'reset password' link, try creating a new
> > account instead.
>
> This sounds to me like you're going to run afoul of CAN-SPAM unsubscribe
> rules. You should re-think this workflow.

To be clear- you do *NOT* need an account to unsubscribe, you need an
account to be able to manage your subscriptions and to change global
settings for your subscriptions.

As mentioned many times already, you can unsubscribe, without an
account, by following the link in each and every email that is sent by
the list server in the List-Unsubscribe header, as hundreds have already
done.  Further, an email can be sent to
pgsql-general-unsubscribe@postgresql.org to request unsubscription
without having an account.

And, lastly, if you wish to have any further discussion regarding the
mailing lists, please contact me directly, I believe we've gone over
this quite enough already on this list and it's not really what this
list is for.

Thanks!

Stephen

Сообщение: Re: migrations (was Re: To all who wish to unsubscribe)
Сообщение: Re: migrations (was Re: To all who wish to unsubscribe)