Re: adding a TOC to the psql reference page

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: adding a TOC to the psql reference page
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 3:17 PM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 08:48:09PM +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:

> Since https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/app-psql.html is quite long,
> it would be nice to add a detailed table of contents at its beginning, in
> order to:
>
> - allow for easier browsing
>
> - allow to reference individual psql options, meta-commands, variables,
> prompts and environment variables by using their respective id attribute

Yes, I can see the value in that, but I don't think we do that for any
other SQL comments.  Would doing it just for psql make sense?

Yes.

Other parts of the documentation have TOC sections so its not like we don't do it ever.  And even if by general rule the applications don't get a TOC (there isn't one that I'm aware of) psql would still warrant an exception given its position as the primary user interface to the system and the extensiveness of the documentation itself (a byproduct of being the primary user interface).

David J.

Сообщение: Re: adding a TOC to the psql reference page
Сообщение: Re: adding a TOC to the psql reference page