Re: adding a TOC to the psql reference page

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: adding a TOC to the psql reference page
Дата
Re: adding a TOC to the psql reference page  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Re: adding a TOC to the psql reference page  (grg bnc <grgbnc@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-docs
On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 08:48:09PM +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/app-psql.html
>
> Since https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/app-psql.html is quite long,
> it would be nice to add a detailed table of contents at its beginning, in
> order to:
>
> - allow for easier browsing
>
> - allow to reference individual psql options, meta-commands, variables,
> prompts and environment variables by using their respective id attribute

Yes, I can see the value in that, but I don't think we do that for any
other SQL comments.  Would doing it just for psql make sense?