Re: adding a TOC to the psql reference page

От grg bnc
Тема Re: adding a TOC to the psql reference page
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
For SQL commands that are:

- heavily used, and

- structurally involved

i'd say yes (`CREATE TABLE` comes to mind); otherwise, don't bother.

The above selection criteria are subjective, so consensus should be gathered.

On Fri, May 1, 2020 at 12:16 AM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 08:48:09PM +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/app-psql.html
>
> Since https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/app-psql.html is quite long,
> it would be nice to add a detailed table of contents at its beginning, in
> order to:
>
> - allow for easier browsing
>
> - allow to reference individual psql options, meta-commands, variables,
> prompts and environment variables by using their respective id attribute

Yes, I can see the value in that, but I don't think we do that for any
other SQL comments.  Would doing it just for psql make sense?

--
  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        https://momjian.us
  EnterpriseDB                             https://enterprisedb.com

+ As you are, so once was I.  As I am, so you will be. +
+                      Ancient Roman grave inscription +

--
All work and no play makes George go astray.