Re: BUG #15203: trigger does not recognize schema changes whenpassing on data

От Haribabu Kommi
Тема Re: BUG #15203: trigger does not recognize schema changes whenpassing on data
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 4:48 PM, <easteregg@verfriemelt.org> wrote:
is there any chance to reload the functions manually? i have a current setup which does a lot more in the functions itself and running these in a CI Test environment triggers this issue. in production this is not a problem, because the session will get restarted before reaching this point.

but to rewrite the trigger functions only for the CI is not really feaseble.

so my two questions:

a) why is a reconnect sufficient to solve this problem?

Reconnect will reinitialize all the cache, so the function information is properly built.

b) shouldnt the function become aware of the change defintion of its parameter type?

It should. But I am not sure why it is not getting latest definition.
I am not able to reproduce this issue in the development version (11 devel).
I am not sure whether it can be backported to fix this issue?

d) can i manually reload the internal functions?

I doubt that there is any way to manually reload the functions.

Regards,
Hari Babu
Fujitsu Australia