Re: BUG #15203: trigger does not recognize schema changes when passing on data

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #15203: trigger does not recognize schema changes when passing on data
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Haribabu Kommi <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com> writes:
> On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 4:48 PM, <easteregg@verfriemelt.org> wrote:
>> b) shouldnt the function become aware of the change defintion of its
>> parameter type?

> It should. But I am not sure why it is not getting latest definition.
> I am not able to reproduce this issue in the development version (11 devel).

Since the OP hasn't shown us exactly what he did to get into this
situation, it's hard to be sure, but I think we fixed this for v11.
At least, v11 makes a reasonable attempt to cope with during-a-session
changes in the rowtypes of named-composite-type variables, which no
prior version did.

> I am not sure whether it can be backported to fix this issue?

Zero chance of that --- it was a large set of changes.

> d) can i manually reload the internal functions?

> I doubt that there is any way to manually reload the functions.

I think a no-op ALTER FUNCTION might be enough, but reconnecting
is probably an easier answer.