Re: [HACKERS] Clarifying "server starting" messaging in pg_ctl startwithout --wait

От Ryan Murphy
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Clarifying "server starting" messaging in pg_ctl startwithout --wait
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Making --wait the default may or may not be sensible -- I'm not sure
-- but removing --no-wait is clearly a bad idea, and we shouldn't do
it.  The fact that the problems created by removing it might be
solvable doesn't mean that it's a good idea to create them in the
first place.

I agree with Robert - pg_ctl is no doubt used in all kinds of scripts that would then have to change.
It may make sense to have --wait be the default though - certainly less confusing to new users!