Re: Fighting the autovacuumer (to prevent wraparound)

От bricklen
Тема Re: Fighting the autovacuumer (to prevent wraparound)
Дата
Re: Fighting the autovacuumer (to prevent wraparound)  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
Список pgsql-general

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 11:48 AM, Michael Graham <mgraham@bloxx.com> wrote:
Hi all,

We partition the data in postgres in a per-month basis and run a script
to delete old partitions.

Does "delete" = "drop"?

 Sometimes this script fails and the delete
doesn't happen because of a deadlock, today I noticed that it was the
autovacuumer that fighting with the script.

Are you uninheriting the partition before attempting to get rid of it?
Eg.
ALTER TABLE your_partition NO INHERIT the_parent_table;