Re: Fighting the autovacuumer (to prevent wraparound)

От Michael Graham
Тема Re: Fighting the autovacuumer (to prevent wraparound)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2013-10-03 at 11:53 -0700, bricklen wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 11:48 AM, Michael Graham <mgraham@bloxx.com>
> wrote:
>         Hi all,
>
>         We partition the data in postgres in a per-month basis and run
>         a script
>         to delete old partitions.
>

> Does "delete" = "drop"?

No I'm truncating the tables for that partition (sorry I should have
made that clear in my original message).

>          Sometimes this script fails and the delete
>         doesn't happen because of a deadlock, today I noticed that it
>         was the
>         autovacuumer that fighting with the script.
>

> Are you uninheriting the partition before attempting to get rid of it?
> Eg.
>
> ALTER TABLE your_partition NO INHERIT the_parent_table;

I'm not no, will that help?  I see that the autovacuumer is vacuuming
the actual partition that I want to truncate to the parent but I do do
an analyse on the parent table after the truncate but in the same
transaction.

Thanks,
--
Michael Graham <mgraham@bloxx.com>

Сообщение: Re: Fighting the autovacuumer (to prevent wraparound)
Сообщение: Re: Fighting the autovacuumer (to prevent wraparound)