Fighting the autovacuumer (to prevent wraparound)

От Michael Graham
Тема Fighting the autovacuumer (to prevent wraparound)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

We partition the data in postgres in a per-month basis and run a script
to delete old partitions.  Sometimes this script fails and the delete
doesn't happen because of a deadlock, today I noticed that it was the
autovacuumer that fighting with the script.

Is it possible to stop the autovacuumer temporarily (and cancel any on
going autovacuum) so that my script can remove the table that the
autovacuumer wants to vacuum?

I'm on 9.1.4 if it matter.

Cheers,
--