Re: Fighting the autovacuumer (to prevent wraparound)

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Fighting the autovacuumer (to prevent wraparound)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/3/2013 11:53 AM, bricklen wrote:
> Are you uninheriting the partition before attempting to get rid of it?
> Eg.
> ALTER TABLE your_partition NO INHERIT the_parent_table;

in a completely different but similar scenario, we've tried this, but NO
INHERIT also blocks and and can deadlock if there's locks on the parent
table, which in our case has nearly continuous OLTP style insert,
update, and select queries running