Regarding the Spikes in the connection pool on our Database in the particular time period.

От Ramesh Penuballi
Тема Regarding the Spikes in the connection pool on our Database in the particular time period.
Дата
Ответы Re: Regarding the Spikes in the connection pool on our Database in the particular time period.  (Juan José Santamaría Flecha <juanjo.santamaria@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Dear Team,

We are facing an issue of sudden spikes in the connection pool in our Jira instance which is connected  to  our database server (RHEL) which is installed postgresql9.2 version.

Please find the below image which shows the increase in  the connection pool..

image.png

These spikes are happening in our Jira instance at the particular timing of every day 10:30 AM IST -11:30 AM IST (i.e. 1AM EST-2AM EST)   and it is causing the slowness of the applications.

To resolve the issue or to restor the connections , we have to restart the Jira services in the business hours which is impacting our business badly.

We have checked with the Atlassian team of Jira and they have confirmed that there are no issues at the application end and the database server is not processing the connections properly.

As per the suggestion from Atlassian support we have increased the CPU on the database server from 4 CPU to 8 CPU but  we are still observing the spikes and causing the slowness of our Jira instance.

Currently our database server is having 8 CPU,16GB space and it is connecting to   Jira instance.

Below are the CPU of the database server after increasing the CPU on 6th Sep 2020

image.png

From the above graph it clearly shows there is no load in the database after increasing the CPU's on the database server.

It would be great help, if  you can help us find the root cause or any configuration changes which resolves the issue  of increasing the connection pool.

Kindly let us know in case  in case of any more information regarding the same.

Really appreciate the quick help on this as it is impacting our business so badly.

Thanks and Regards,
Ramesh

Вложения