Re: Regarding the Spikes in the connection pool on our Database in the particular time period.

От Juan José Santamaría Flecha
Тема Re: Regarding the Spikes in the connection pool on our Database in the particular time period.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 9:49 AM Ramesh Penuballi <ramesh.252@gmail.com> wrote:

We are facing an issue of sudden spikes in the connection pool in our Jira instance which is connected  to  our database server (RHEL) which is installed postgresql9.2 version.

This is a pretty old version of Postgres, at some point you should consider upgrading.

Please find the below image which shows the increase in  the connection pool.

You should size the pool based on your busy hour, 20 connections are not that many, you can probably double that.

These spikes are happening in our Jira instance at the particular timing of every day 10:30 AM IST -11:30 AM IST (i.e. 1AM EST-2AM EST)   and it is causing the slowness of the applications.

The amount of connections does not look like the source of the problem, but a symptom of slowness somewhere else. Can you log the slowest queries being executed during that time? Something like a pgbagder report would be very useful [1].

Regards,

Juan José Santamaría Flecha