Re: [pgsql-www] Please provide editor privileges for postgresql wiki

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: [pgsql-www] Please provide editor privileges for postgresql wiki
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 6:33 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> Greetings Ashutosh,
>
> * Ashutosh Bapat (ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com) wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 10:09 AM, Ashutosh Bapat
>> <ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

>> > I am certain that I have edited pages before e.g.
>> > https://wiki.postgresql.org/images/f/f6/PGXC_Scalability_PGOpen2012.pdf was
>> > added by me. Your suspicion that I might have used a different user name
>> > might be right, but I am not able to spot another account. I use
>> > ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com for all my postgresql related accounts, and
>> > it seems that it's linked with ashutosh_bapat. But my other email id is
>> > ashutosh.bapat@gmail.com. I tried resetting password using this second email
>> > id and it said that I would receive an email for verification, which I have
>> > never received. So, I am assuming that it's not linked with any user id on
>> > postgresql.org. Is there any other way to find out, if I have accounts
>> > linked with any of those email ids?
>> >
>> > I am not able to see edit history of above mentioned pdf. It might reveal
>> > the user name that created it.
>
> The username used to create it was, indeed, Ashutosh_bapat:
>
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/File:PGXC_Scalability_PGOpen2012.pdf

Thanks for confirming this.

>> Do we have any updates? I am not able to update v10 open items because of this.
>
> I don't think so.  Unfortunately, we really don't have any particular
> way to make MediaWiki work with usernames that have underscores or @
> symbols in them (or probably other things, really), even though the
> community auth system supports them.
>
>> Since the same login is used for commitfest app, I am less inclined to
>> create a new login.
>
> While it's not exactly fun, and not something we'd do for anyone, I'm
> willing to try and make the changes to the various community auth using
> sites for you if you create a new username, to update them to be
> associated with that new username.

Thanks for your offer. I do understand the pain and really appreciate
your help. I tried to create a new account with the same email as
ashutosh_bapat and obviously it didn't allow that. I do want
enterprisedb email address to be associated with postgresql account. I
see two ways forward -
1. Temporarily change the email address of ashutosh_bapat to something
else. Create a new account with enterprisedb.com email address.
Hopefully that goes well. You/someone else may then proceed to link my
old account things with the new account. Ultimately I delete the old
account. In the interim, whatever I do through this account is linked
to my other email address.

2. If administrators can change user name associated with
ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com, that will be wonderful. You may
change it to ashutosh.bapat, ashutoshbapat in that order of
preference. I guess, the user name will need to be changed in few
places (databases) and everything will just work i.e. the things
associated with the old user name remain linked with the new one since
the account is same.

I think 2nd option is simpler if feasible.
--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: