Обсуждение: Re: [pgsql-www] Please provide editor privileges for postgresql wiki

Re: [pgsql-www] Please provide editor privileges for postgresql wiki

От
Ashutosh Bapat
Дата:
Do we have any updates? I am not able to update v10 open items because of this.

Since the same login is used for commitfest app, I am less inclined to
create a new login.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Postgres Database Company

Re: [pgsql-www] Please provide editor privileges for postgresql wiki

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
Greetings Ashutosh,

* Ashutosh Bapat (ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com) wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 10:09 AM, Ashutosh Bapat
> <ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, Apr 1, 2017 at 8:30 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

> >> But you're saying you managed to edit pages before?
> >
> > I am certain that I have edited pages before e.g.
> > https://wiki.postgresql.org/images/f/f6/PGXC_Scalability_PGOpen2012.pdf was
> > added by me. Your suspicion that I might have used a different user name
> > might be right, but I am not able to spot another account. I use
> > ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com for all my postgresql related accounts, and
> > it seems that it's linked with ashutosh_bapat. But my other email id is
> > ashutosh.bapat@gmail.com. I tried resetting password using this second email
> > id and it said that I would receive an email for verification, which I have
> > never received. So, I am assuming that it's not linked with any user id on
> > postgresql.org. Is there any other way to find out, if I have accounts
> > linked with any of those email ids?
> >
> > I am not able to see edit history of above mentioned pdf. It might reveal
> > the user name that created it.

The username used to create it was, indeed, Ashutosh_bapat:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/File:PGXC_Scalability_PGOpen2012.pdf

> Do we have any updates? I am not able to update v10 open items because of this.

I don't think so.  Unfortunately, we really don't have any particular
way to make MediaWiki work with usernames that have underscores or @
symbols in them (or probably other things, really), even though the
community auth system supports them.

> Since the same login is used for commitfest app, I am less inclined to
> create a new login.

While it's not exactly fun, and not something we'd do for anyone, I'm
willing to try and make the changes to the various community auth using
sites for you if you create a new username, to update them to be
associated with that new username.

Thanks!

Stephen

Re: [pgsql-www] Please provide editor privileges for postgresql wiki

От
Ashutosh Bapat
Дата:
On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 6:33 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> Greetings Ashutosh,
>
> * Ashutosh Bapat (ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com) wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 10:09 AM, Ashutosh Bapat
>> <ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

>> > I am certain that I have edited pages before e.g.
>> > https://wiki.postgresql.org/images/f/f6/PGXC_Scalability_PGOpen2012.pdf was
>> > added by me. Your suspicion that I might have used a different user name
>> > might be right, but I am not able to spot another account. I use
>> > ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com for all my postgresql related accounts, and
>> > it seems that it's linked with ashutosh_bapat. But my other email id is
>> > ashutosh.bapat@gmail.com. I tried resetting password using this second email
>> > id and it said that I would receive an email for verification, which I have
>> > never received. So, I am assuming that it's not linked with any user id on
>> > postgresql.org. Is there any other way to find out, if I have accounts
>> > linked with any of those email ids?
>> >
>> > I am not able to see edit history of above mentioned pdf. It might reveal
>> > the user name that created it.
>
> The username used to create it was, indeed, Ashutosh_bapat:
>
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/File:PGXC_Scalability_PGOpen2012.pdf

Thanks for confirming this.

>> Do we have any updates? I am not able to update v10 open items because of this.
>
> I don't think so.  Unfortunately, we really don't have any particular
> way to make MediaWiki work with usernames that have underscores or @
> symbols in them (or probably other things, really), even though the
> community auth system supports them.
>
>> Since the same login is used for commitfest app, I am less inclined to
>> create a new login.
>
> While it's not exactly fun, and not something we'd do for anyone, I'm
> willing to try and make the changes to the various community auth using
> sites for you if you create a new username, to update them to be
> associated with that new username.

Thanks for your offer. I do understand the pain and really appreciate
your help. I tried to create a new account with the same email as
ashutosh_bapat and obviously it didn't allow that. I do want
enterprisedb email address to be associated with postgresql account. I
see two ways forward -
1. Temporarily change the email address of ashutosh_bapat to something
else. Create a new account with enterprisedb.com email address.
Hopefully that goes well. You/someone else may then proceed to link my
old account things with the new account. Ultimately I delete the old
account. In the interim, whatever I do through this account is linked
to my other email address.

2. If administrators can change user name associated with
ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com, that will be wonderful. You may
change it to ashutosh.bapat, ashutoshbapat in that order of
preference. I guess, the user name will need to be changed in few
places (databases) and everything will just work i.e. the things
associated with the old user name remain linked with the new one since
the account is same.

I think 2nd option is simpler if feasible.
--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Postgres Database Company

Re: [pgsql-www] Please provide editor privileges for postgresql wiki

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
Ashutosh,

* Ashutosh Bapat (ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com) wrote:
> 1. Temporarily change the email address of ashutosh_bapat to something
> else. Create a new account with enterprisedb.com email address.

That seems like the best approach to go with.  You can make those
changes yourself- just go to https://www.postgresql.org/account/profile/
and click "change" next to the email address.

Once you've done that, please let me know what the new account name is.

> 2. If administrators can change user name associated with
> ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com, that will be wonderful. You may
> change it to ashutosh.bapat, ashutoshbapat in that order of
> preference. I guess, the user name will need to be changed in few
> places (databases) and everything will just work i.e. the things
> associated with the old user name remain linked with the new one since
> the account is same.

I have no idea what having a '.' in the username will do in the wiki
system and so I wouldn't recommend that.  Changing the username directly
really isn't something we like to do as it's more likely to leave things
in an odd state.  Better is to have a new account which we can migrate
things to.

Once you've created the new account, please be sure to go around and try
to log into the different community sites that you use (such as the
commitfest app), so your account will get created on those systems.  The
systems are independent, more-or-less, underneath.

I'll have to adjust your account creation time to deal with the "cooling
off" period for the wiki itself.  I'll do that once you've created the
new account.

Thanks!

Stephen

Re: [pgsql-www] Please provide editor privileges for postgresql wiki

От
Ashutosh Bapat
Дата:
Hi Stephen,

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 4:43 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> Ashutosh,
>
> * Ashutosh Bapat (ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com) wrote:
>> 1. Temporarily change the email address of ashutosh_bapat to something
>> else. Create a new account with enterprisedb.com email address.
>
> That seems like the best approach to go with.  You can make those
> changes yourself- just go to https://www.postgresql.org/account/profile/
> and click "change" next to the email address.
>
> Once you've done that, please let me know what the new account name is.

Ok, done new account is ashutoshbapat

> Once you've created the new account, please be sure to go around and try
> to log into the different community sites that you use (such as the
> commitfest app), so your account will get created on those systems.  The
> systems are independent, more-or-less, underneath.

I tried to login to commitfest app and here's what it said
--

A user with email ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com already exists, but with
a different username than ashutoshbapat.

This is almost certainly caused by some legacy data in our database.
Please send an email to webmaster@postgresql.org, indicating the username
and email address from above, and we'll manually marge the two accounts
for you.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
--

> I'll have to adjust your account creation time to deal with the "cooling
> off" period for the wiki itself.  I'll do that once you've created the
> new account.

Trying to log into wiki resulted in

--
Community authentication

The site you are trying to log in to (the postgresql wiki) requires a
cool-off period between account creation and logging in. Please try
again later, or contact the postgresql.org webmasters if you have an
urgent need to log in.
--

Is there any other application that I need to try logging in?
--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Postgres Database Company

Re: [pgsql-www] Please provide editor privileges for postgresql wiki

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
Ashutosh,

* Ashutosh Bapat (ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com) wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 4:43 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> > * Ashutosh Bapat (ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com) wrote:
> >> 1. Temporarily change the email address of ashutosh_bapat to something
> >> else. Create a new account with enterprisedb.com email address.
> >
> > That seems like the best approach to go with.  You can make those
> > changes yourself- just go to https://www.postgresql.org/account/profile/
> > and click "change" next to the email address.
> >
> > Once you've done that, please let me know what the new account name is.
>
> Ok, done new account is ashutoshbapat

Ok, thanks.

> > Once you've created the new account, please be sure to go around and try
> > to log into the different community sites that you use (such as the
> > commitfest app), so your account will get created on those systems.  The
> > systems are independent, more-or-less, underneath.
>
> I tried to login to commitfest app and here's what it said

Sigh.  Alright, let me see what I can do.  Given that we allow changing
of email addresses, this probably needs code changes, but at least for
now I should be able to adjust things by hand.

> > I'll have to adjust your account creation time to deal with the "cooling
> > off" period for the wiki itself.  I'll do that once you've created the
> > new account.
>
> Trying to log into wiki resulted in

Right, this I at least expected and will fix.

> Is there any other application that I need to try logging in?

Just depends on if you've used any of the other community-auth sites,
which are:

https://postgresql.us - PgUS (formerly PostgresOpen)
https://postgresql.eu - PG.EU
https://commitfest.postgresql.org - Commitfest
https://wiki.postgresql.org - Wiki
https://redmine.postgresql.org - Redmine
https://git.postgresql.org - Git
https://planet.postgresql.org - Planet

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks!

Stephen

Re: [pgsql-www] Please provide editor privileges for postgresql wiki

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
Ashutosh,

* Ashutosh Bapat (ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com) wrote:
> Trying to log into wiki resulted in

Please try to log into the wiki again.  You should be allowed to and
then I will set you to have 'editor' rights.

Thanks!

Stephen

Re: [pgsql-www] Please provide editor privileges for postgresql wiki

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
Ashutosh,

* Ashutosh Bapat (ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com) wrote:
> I tried to login to commitfest app and here's what it said

Can you try logging into the commitfest app again?

Thanks!

Stephen

Re: [pgsql-www] Please provide editor privileges for postgresql wiki

От
Ashutosh Bapat
Дата:
On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 5:51 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> Ashutosh,
>
> * Ashutosh Bapat (ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com) wrote:
>> Trying to log into wiki resulted in
>
> Please try to log into the wiki again.  You should be allowed to and
> then I will set you to have 'editor' rights.

Thanks. I am able to login to wiki.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Postgres Database Company

Re: [pgsql-www] Please provide editor privileges for postgresql wiki

От
Ashutosh Bapat
Дата:
On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 5:53 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> Ashutosh,
>
> * Ashutosh Bapat (ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com) wrote:
>> I tried to login to commitfest app and here's what it said
>
> Can you try logging into the commitfest app again?

I am able to login to commitfest app.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Postgres Database Company

Re: [pgsql-www] Please provide editor privileges for postgresql wiki

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
Ashutosh,

* Ashutosh Bapat (ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com) wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 5:51 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> > * Ashutosh Bapat (ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com) wrote:
> >> Trying to log into wiki resulted in
> >
> > Please try to log into the wiki again.  You should be allowed to and
> > then I will set you to have 'editor' rights.
>
> Thanks. I am able to login to wiki.

Using the ashutoshbapat account?

Thanks!

Stephen

Re: [pgsql-www] Please provide editor privileges for postgresql wiki

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
* Ashutosh Bapat (ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com) wrote:
> Thanks. I am able to login to wiki.

There we go, ok, you're an editor on the wiki now.

Thanks!

Stephen

Re: [pgsql-www] Please provide editor privileges for postgresql wiki

От
Ashutosh Bapat
Дата:
On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 5:46 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:

> https://postgresql.us - PgUS (formerly PostgresOpen)
> https://postgresql.eu - PG.EU
> https://redmine.postgresql.org - Redmine

I don't use those.

> https://commitfest.postgresql.org - Commitfest
> https://wiki.postgresql.org - Wiki

We are working on those.

> https://git.postgresql.org - Git

I guess, I don't use this also.

> https://planet.postgresql.org - Planet

I have a blog registered with my old account that will need to be
shifted to the new account.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Postgres Database Company

Re: [pgsql-www] Please provide editor privileges for postgresql wiki

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
* Ashutosh Bapat (ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com) wrote:
> I am able to login to commitfest app.

Ok, great, I see your account there now.

I'll go adjust everything to be associated with the 'ashutoshbapat' user
on the commitfest app now.

Have you used any of the other sites and need me to adjust them?

Thanks!

Stephen

Re: [pgsql-www] Please provide editor privileges for postgresql wiki

От
Ashutosh Bapat
Дата:
On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 5:55 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> Ashutosh,
>
> * Ashutosh Bapat (ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com) wrote:
>> >
>> > Please try to log into the wiki again.  You should be allowed to and
>> > then I will set you to have 'editor' rights.
>>
>> Thanks. I am able to login to wiki.
>
> Using the ashutoshbapat account?

Yes.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Postgres Database Company

Re: [pgsql-www] Please provide editor privileges for postgresql wiki

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
Ashutosh,

* Ashutosh Bapat (ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com) wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 5:53 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> > * Ashutosh Bapat (ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com) wrote:
> >> I tried to login to commitfest app and here's what it said
> >
> > Can you try logging into the commitfest app again?
>
> I am able to login to commitfest app.

Ok, everything in the commitfest app should now be associated with your
new account.  Please review it and let me know if you see any issues.
You also have Editor rights on the wiki now.

Thanks!

Stephen

Re: [pgsql-www] Please provide editor privileges for postgresql wiki

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
Ashutosh,

* Ashutosh Bapat (ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com) wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 5:46 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> > https://planet.postgresql.org - Planet
>
> I have a blog registered with my old account that will need to be
> shifted to the new account.

Ok, I've adjusted planet also now, please review that it looks correct.

Thanks!

Stephen

Re: [pgsql-www] Please provide editor privileges for postgresql wiki

От
Ashutosh Bapat
Дата:
On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 6:03 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> Ashutosh,
>
> * Ashutosh Bapat (ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com) wrote:
>> >
>> > Can you try logging into the commitfest app again?
>>
>> I am able to login to commitfest app.
>
> Ok, everything in the commitfest app should now be associated with your
> new account.  Please review it and let me know if you see any issues.

I checked March and July commitfests and every Ashutosh Bapat entry
shows ashutoshbapat as account. So this looks good.

> You also have Editor rights on the wiki now.

I don't see "edit" option yet.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Postgres Database Company

Re: [pgsql-www] Please provide editor privileges for postgresql wiki

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
* Ashutosh Bapat (ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com) wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 6:03 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> > Ok, everything in the commitfest app should now be associated with your
> > new account.  Please review it and let me know if you see any issues.
>
> I checked March and July commitfests and every Ashutosh Bapat entry
> shows ashutoshbapat as account. So this looks good.

Great!

> > You also have Editor rights on the wiki now.
>
> I don't see "edit" option yet.

Maybe try logging out and then back in..?

12:25, 14 April 2017 Sfrost (Talk | contribs | block) changed group membership for User:Ashutoshbapat from (none) to
editor

Thanks!

Stephen

Re: [pgsql-www] Please provide editor privileges for postgresql wiki

От
Ashutosh Bapat
Дата:
On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 6:12 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> * Ashutosh Bapat (ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com) wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 6:03 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
>> > Ok, everything in the commitfest app should now be associated with your
>> > new account.  Please review it and let me know if you see any issues.
>>
>> I checked March and July commitfests and every Ashutosh Bapat entry
>> shows ashutoshbapat as account. So this looks good.
>
> Great!
>
>> > You also have Editor rights on the wiki now.
>>
>> I don't see "edit" option yet.
>
> Maybe try logging out and then back in..?
>
> 12:25, 14 April 2017 Sfrost (Talk | contribs | block) changed group membership for User:Ashutoshbapat from (none) to
editor

I can see it now. Thanks.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Postgres Database Company

Re: [pgsql-www] Please provide editor privileges for postgresql wiki

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
Ashutosh,

* Ashutosh Bapat (ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com) wrote:
> I can see it now. Thanks.

Great, and does planet look correct too?

Anything else that needs to be fixed?

Thanks!

Stephen

Re: [pgsql-www] Please provide editor privileges for postgresql wiki

От
Ashutosh Bapat
Дата:
On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 6:21 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> Ashutosh,
>
> * Ashutosh Bapat (ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com) wrote:
>> I can see it now. Thanks.
>
> Great, and does planet look correct too?
>
> Anything else that needs to be fixed?

For some reason, even if I log out from my account,
planet.postgresql.org shows me as logged in. I don't see any way to
log out from there. So I am unable to verify which account it's using.
May be I will try to log in again after some cache/cookie
invalidation.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Postgres Database Company

Re: [pgsql-www] Please provide editor privileges for postgresql wiki

От
Ashutosh Bapat
Дата:
On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 6:23 PM, Ashutosh Bapat
<ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 6:21 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
>> Ashutosh,
>>
>> * Ashutosh Bapat (ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com) wrote:
>>> I can see it now. Thanks.
>>
>> Great, and does planet look correct too?
>>
>> Anything else that needs to be fixed?
>
> For some reason, even if I log out from my account,
> planet.postgresql.org shows me as logged in. I don't see any way to
> log out from there. So I am unable to verify which account it's using.
> May be I will try to log in again after some cache/cookie
> invalidation.

I tried from a VM browser and I see that the blog entry is associated
with ashutoshbapat.

I don't remember anything else that needs to be fixed right now.

I think we should delete the old account so that I can associate my
new account with ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com. Please let me know
when can i do that.
--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Postgres Database Company

Re: [pgsql-www] Please provide editor privileges for postgresql wiki

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
Ashutosh,

* Ashutosh Bapat (ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com) wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 6:23 PM, Ashutosh Bapat
> <ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> > For some reason, even if I log out from my account,
> > planet.postgresql.org shows me as logged in. I don't see any way to
> > log out from there. So I am unable to verify which account it's using.
> > May be I will try to log in again after some cache/cookie
> > invalidation.

Yeah, if you remove the cookies that are set then it should realize
you've logged out.

> I tried from a VM browser and I see that the blog entry is associated
> with ashutoshbapat.

Ok, good.

> I don't remember anything else that needs to be fixed right now.

Ok.

> I think we should delete the old account so that I can associate my
> new account with ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com. Please let me know
> when can i do that.

Where is it not..?  It appears to be on PG.Org, planet, and commitfest.

Thanks!

Stephen

Re: [pgsql-www] Please provide editor privileges for postgresql wiki

От
Ashutosh Bapat
Дата:
On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 6:45 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:

>> I think we should delete the old account so that I can associate my
>> new account with ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com. Please let me know
>> when can i do that.
>
> Where is it not..?  It appears to be on PG.Org, planet, and commitfest.

Sorry, I wrote something wrong. Yes, ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com
is associated with ashutoshbapat.

I want to know when can I delete the other account?

I noticed that wiki doesn't show any of my previous contributions
linked to ashutosh.bapat (whenever that was working) e.g the
presentation that I gave as an example. Will you be link those
contributions to ashutoshbapat?

BTW, big thanks for resolving and fixing so many things so fast.
--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Postgres Database Company

Re: [pgsql-www] Please provide editor privileges for postgresql wiki

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
Ashutosh,

* Ashutosh Bapat (ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com) wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 6:45 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> >> I think we should delete the old account so that I can associate my
> >> new account with ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com. Please let me know
> >> when can i do that.
> >
> > Where is it not..?  It appears to be on PG.Org, planet, and commitfest.
>
> Sorry, I wrote something wrong. Yes, ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com
> is associated with ashutoshbapat.

Ok, good.

> I want to know when can I delete the other account?

We don't really have a "delete account" capability either,
unfortunately.  Also, if we deleted it and someone else were to sign up
with it, then they'd end up with that user id on the wiki, which
probably wouldn't be ideal.  I'd rather just disable the account, by
setting the password to an invalid value, if you'd really like me to.

> I noticed that wiki doesn't show any of my previous contributions
> linked to ashutosh.bapat (whenever that was working) e.g the
> presentation that I gave as an example. Will you be link those
> contributions to ashutoshbapat?

Unfortunately, the wiki is quite painful to work with and I don't think
it would be a good idea for me to try and change it, simply because I
might end up breaking something.

The nice thing about the wiki is that anyone can modify it though, so
you could update the wiki with your new account to show that account
going forward.  There would still be history that things used to exist
under the old account, but hopefully that doesn't really matter.

> BTW, big thanks for resolving and fixing so many things so fast.

No worries.  I'm going to bug Magnus about trying to find a way to make
this whole thing less painful.

Thanks!

Stephen

Re: [pgsql-www] Please provide editor privileges for postgresql wiki

От
Ashutosh Bapat
Дата:
On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 6:59 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> Ashutosh,
>
> * Ashutosh Bapat (ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com) wrote:
>> >
>> > Where is it not..?  It appears to be on PG.Org, planet, and commitfest.
>>
>> Sorry, I wrote something wrong. Yes, ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com
>> is associated with ashutoshbapat.
>
> Ok, good.
>
>> I want to know when can I delete the other account?
>
> We don't really have a "delete account" capability either,
> unfortunately.  Also, if we deleted it and someone else were to sign up
> with it, then they'd end up with that user id on the wiki, which
> probably wouldn't be ideal.  I'd rather just disable the account, by
> setting the password to an invalid value, if you'd really like me to.

Ok. Will take care of that.

>> I noticed that wiki doesn't show any of my previous contributions
>> linked to ashutosh.bapat (whenever that was working) e.g the
>> presentation that I gave as an example. Will you be link those
>> contributions to ashutoshbapat?
>
> Unfortunately, the wiki is quite painful to work with and I don't think
> it would be a good idea for me to try and change it, simply because I
> might end up breaking something.
>
> The nice thing about the wiki is that anyone can modify it though, so
> you could update the wiki with your new account to show that account
> going forward.  There would still be history that things used to exist
> under the old account, but hopefully that doesn't really matter.

Ok.

>> BTW, big thanks for resolving and fixing so many things so fast.
>
> No worries.  I'm going to bug Magnus about trying to find a way to make
> this whole thing less painful.

he he.