Re: [HACKERS] proposal: EXPLAIN ANALYZE formatting

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: [HACKERS] proposal: EXPLAIN ANALYZE formatting
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] proposal: EXPLAIN ANALYZE formatting  (Gavin Flower <GavinFlower@archidevsys.co.nz>)
Список pgsql-hackers

> Now EXPLAIN ANALYZE produce too wide rows for usage in presentations

> What do you think about possibility to implement >>optional<< alternative
> formatting.
> Now:
>   node name (estimation) (actual)
> Alternative:
>   node name (estimation)
>                    (actual)

Seems like that would make a difference in only a tiny minority of
situations.  In a deeply nested plan you'll have trouble no matter
what, and it's not uncommon that the node name line isn't the widest
thing anyway.

It is related to presentation where you have to use large type - and where usually don't present complex nested plans, or you present only fragments.

A output of EXPLAIN is usually ok - EXPLAIN ANALYZE does a overflow

This feature is in nice to have category - probably interesting for lectures or presenters only - can helps and doesn't need lot of work. So I am ask for community opinion.

The result should not be exactly how I proposed - any form what is more friendly for tiny monitor (projectors) is welcome

Regards

Pavel