Re: [HACKERS] proposal: EXPLAIN ANALYZE formatting

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] proposal: EXPLAIN ANALYZE formatting
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> Seems like that would make a difference in only a tiny minority of
>> situations.  In a deeply nested plan you'll have trouble no matter
>> what, and it's not uncommon that the node name line isn't the widest
>> thing anyway.

> It is related to presentation where you have to use large type - and where
> usually don't present complex nested plans, or you present only fragments.

Sure, but then you're whacking around the text anyway while you put it
into your slides.  I doubt anyone would have trouble understanding your
slides if you break up the lines like that, whether or not it's exactly
what you'd get out of EXPLAIN itself.