Moving pg_xlog folder

От Wei Shan
Тема Moving pg_xlog folder
Дата
Re: Moving pg_xlog folder  (Raghavendra <raghavendra.rao@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hi all,

OS: CentOS
PG version: 9.3

I'm testing the scenario of moving the xlog folder to a fast pair of disk. This was the steps I followed;

1. create new mountpoint with the correct permissions
2. Shutdown DB
3. Create softlink from new mountpoint to $PG_DATA/pg_xlog
4. Startup DB

However, after I start the DB, I hit the following error;

-bash-4.1$ psql

psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory

This issue resolves by itself once I reboot the server after I move the XLOG. Any ideas what I did wrongly?

Thanks!
--
Regards,
Ang Wei Shan