Re: Does VACUUM FULL need ANALYZE ?

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Does VACUUM FULL need ANALYZE ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Eoin O'Hehir <eoin.ohehir@clavisinsight.com> wrote:

> I'm setting up a weekly DB maintenance job for a 9.3 server.
>
> Part of this will be a VACUUM FULL.

That's something to seriously reconsider.

> Is there any point in adding the ANALYZE option to the command ?

That and a non-FULL VACUUM command after VACUUM FULL.  Unlike what
you might expect based on the FULL option, a VACUUM FULL does not
do everything that a non-FULL VACUUM does, and actually drops any
existing visibility map and free space map -- potentially making
subsequent queries against the table slower until a normal VACUUM
(or autovacuum occurs).  I strongly recommend that if you really do
need to use VACUUM FULL, you immediately follow it with VACUUM
ANALYZE.

You might also want to read this:

http://rhaas.blogspot.com/2014/03/vacuum-full-doesnt-mean-vacuum-but.html

--