Re: [GSoC][Patch] Automatic Mode Detection V1

От Yosry Muhammad
Тема Re: [GSoC][Patch] Automatic Mode Detection V1
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 1:09 PM Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

- What else is missing from this patch to make it applicable ? I would like to produce a release-ready patch if possible. If so, I can continue working on the project on following patches, I just want to know what is the minimum amount of work needed to make this patch release-ready (especially that changes are being made in the master branch that require me to re-edit parts of the code that I have written before to keep things in-sync).
@Dave Page is the right person to answer this.

It needs:

- A code complete feature (or infrastructure/refactoring ready for a feature), that is acceptable to us. Seems like this is 90% there for an initial commit.
- Documentation updates.
- Tests for the new feature to ensure it works without needing manual testing.
- To pass all existing tests (which may be modified if appropriate).

Could you tell me what is missing from this patch (in terms of features - other than tests) to be acceptable? I will start working on the tests once the patch is complete. The patch passes all the existing tests except for 3 feature tests that fail due to a TimeoutException in selenium. I do not know what this is about I hope Aditya will help me with it.

Also, do you mean code documentation or documentation for the users? Could you point me towards the related parts?

Thanks a lot.

--
Yosry Muhammad Yosry

Computer Engineering student,