Re: [GSoC][Patch] Automatic Mode Detection V1

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [GSoC][Patch] Automatic Mode Detection V1
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 11:20 AM Yosry Muhammad <yosrym93@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 1:09 PM Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

- What else is missing from this patch to make it applicable ? I would like to produce a release-ready patch if possible. If so, I can continue working on the project on following patches, I just want to know what is the minimum amount of work needed to make this patch release-ready (especially that changes are being made in the master branch that require me to re-edit parts of the code that I have written before to keep things in-sync).
@Dave Page is the right person to answer this.

It needs:

- A code complete feature (or infrastructure/refactoring ready for a feature), that is acceptable to us. Seems like this is 90% there for an initial commit.
- Documentation updates.
- Tests for the new feature to ensure it works without needing manual testing.
- To pass all existing tests (which may be modified if appropriate).

Could you tell me what is missing from this patch (in terms of features - other than tests) to be acceptable? I will start working on the tests once the patch is complete. The patch passes all the existing tests except for 3 feature tests that fail due to a TimeoutException in selenium. I do not know what this is about I hope Aditya will help me with it.

Here are the issues I think should be fixed first:

- I think the Save button should be moved to the left of the Find button. It makes more sense to be near the Save Query button.

- Umm, that's about it, bar the history issue. The quick fix there might be to hide the internal queries for now as previously discussed, but I do this the checkbox to include them (in their mogrified state) should be included as part of the overall project.

Note that I haven't done in-depth testing. Once the patch is committed (and about now is a good time, as we're at the beginning of the release cycle), we'll get our QA guy to see if he can find any issues we've missed.

Also, do you mean code documentation or documentation for the users? Could you point me towards the related parts?

User documentation. I would expect at least one screenshot update due to the new button on the toolbar (probably more - please check for others that need updating), as well as updates to at least:

editgrid.rst
query_tool.rst
query_tool_toolbar.rst

Great work!