Re: vacuum / analyze parent tables on partitioned tables.

От Bert
Тема Re: vacuum / analyze parent tables on partitioned tables.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Yes, at the moment that is still the case.

We are migrating from db2 to postgres, and are still in progress of migrating our ETL tool. So there isn't much moment in those tables at the moment.

We got big big problems with db2 auto runstats (sort of auto analyze) kicking in at random moments, that's the main reason we want to control it with postgres too.

I am still wondering why the children need to be analyzed, if we vacuum/analyze the childs seperatly.

but thank you for giving me some clarification.

cheers,
Bert