Installing Postgres without the postgres user and group on Linux?

От Plugge, Joe R.
Тема Installing Postgres without the postgres user and group on Linux?
Дата
Re: Installing Postgres without the postgres user and group on Linux?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-admin

Is it possible to install and then subsequently run the postgres engine on Linux without creating the postgres user and group?  We have some folks implementing LDAP that are resistant to creating a postgres account and group and would rather create machine specific accounts (like one does for Windows with SQL Server).

I always thought that if the postgres user and group were not there upon install (which is done as root), that the installation process would create them for you, am I missing something?

Thanks for any input that will provide me with ample ammunition to thwart this silly idea.

Joe Plugge

Сообщение: Re: vacuum / analyze parent tables on partitioned tables.
Сообщение: Re: vacuum / analyze parent tables on partitioned tables.